Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday weight check (week 7)

FatManRunning
Last Friday: 286.5

Today: 283.3

Gain/Loss: -3.2

Goal: 210.0 lbs.

Cumulative loss: 17.1 lbs.

Pounds to lose: 73.2

Comment: I really didn't expect to lose much this week. I had a couple of bad meals (i.e., my portions were too large or I had seconds), and I snacked a little heavy on some days. I'm glad to see the progress, though. I guess when you are as big as I am, every little bit of exercise burns more calories.

Mrs. F
Last Friday: 176.3

Today: 179.2

Gain/Loss: +2.9

Goal: 150.00

Cumulative loss: 3.6 lbs.

Pounds to lose: 29.2

Comment: I skipped a lot of meals. Who'd think that would cause me to gain weight? I probably have some extra water weight right now, too (ladies, you'll undertsand).

2 comments:

  1. Actually, my doctor warned me about fasting or skipping meals when starting this program. When you do that, your body switches into storage mode, and it prepares to bank (i.e., convert to fat) any extra calories that come in. The best thing we both could do, as far as I understand it, is to actually eat more often during the day while focusing on smaller portions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ladies, you understand" that just cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!