Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 46 (week 7) - drained

I had requested today and tomorrow off, coinciding with a couple of days off in our school system. Originally, I had plans for these days, but circumstances changed. While it started out as a nice, slow morning (even though I had to tie up some loose ends at work), I gradually developed a headache that just won't let go, and I'm finding myself with very little energy. I'm feeling drained. I'm hoping this is not the beginning of a cold--or worse.

Our eldest son came down with a fever last night. It's low grade, but has been rising. He's spent most of the day in his room, and we made him eat his meals apart from us, to keep from sharing. Our boy who was sick most of this week is finally well, and the other two who were showing some symptoms seem to be okay. Once something gets into the house, it usually makes the rounds. We're just working really hard to keep that from being the case this time.

My knee is sore again today. It's as if I pushed back the clock and am back where it was starting to get tolerable again. I'll double-wrap it in the morning. Mrs. F took a bike ride this afternoon and checked the distance on our primary segment of trail. Sure enough, it's a one mile segment, so we end up covering 2 miles with the return trip. She's also done some scouting ahead. If we also utilize the segment of trail we left when it got too dark, we'd have a 3.4 mile route, end to end. That would give us some room for a warm-up walk and yet leave us 5,000m for our runs. I'm sure it will be a while before we get to that level of endurance, but the day will come.

Right now, we're both scratching our heads about dinner, since the day slipped away. I need to sneak out and buy some graduate textbooks tonight, as I'm back in class again as of Monday. Otherwise, I hope to get to bed early and get some rest. I'm going to get up now, take some Sudafed to clear my sinuses, and some Ibuprofen for my headache. We'll see what the morning brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!