Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 42 - Getting ready for Week 7

I'll echo what Mrs. F wrote. While it was great to catch up with an old friend, I'm feeling the impact of shorter nights of rest, too. My left knee still hints at the trouble I had over the past couple of weeks, but it's not too bad. I'll still wrap it in the morning, just to play it safe.

The forecast for tonight and into the morning is actually for the first winter storm of the season. We're expecting up to 1"-2" of snow by morning, and perhaps 3" by the afternoon. We're still planning to run outside. I picked up a set of wicking compression leggings this afternoon, to help keep my legs warmer. I'm hoping that warmer legs will translate to a little less muscle strain as we run. Anyway, here is the plan for this week:

Week 7
  • 5 minute warm-up walk
  • 25 minute run
That's it. Basically, from here on out it's run, run, run.

Things are a little too crazy here for me to write any more right now. We'll see what the morning brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!