Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 43 - Waking

Well, it's snowing right now. I have a few moment to type before I run this morning because my sugar levels were too low this morning--I was feeling hypoglycemic. I toasted a piece of bread and slathered some peanut butter on it, and took it down with some water. I'm hoping that bit in my stomach won't make for a tough run this morning.

I'll be back later to post after our run in the snow.

2 comments:

  1. Mr. & Mrs. F,

    My friend and I just ran W6D3 25 min on Saturday at a school track and this morning W7D1 in a cold 40 degrees! We did it and feel great! We'll do another 25 min on Wed. morning then try our first 5K on Saturday! Keep going...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your 5k! Mrs. F and I know we're not ready for one yet, and likely won't be right at the end of this program, but we plan to keep running until we have the endurance to finish one. We're still hoping to run in a Turkey Trot in a nearby town in November. We just need to scrape together our registration monies and figure out who can accompany the kids there so they can be surprised by seeing us run!

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!