Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 44 (week 7) - dull ache and family illness

It's still hard to believe we're in Week 7. Overall, I feel pretty good, other than my left knee. It has gone from being something that pained me when walking, rising, or sitting to being a steady, dull ache.

That's not the main issue in the house, today, however. We had one boy come down with mild cold or flu symptoms last week, and he has fully recovered. Another son, however, started to get ill on Sunday and has steadily gotten worse. His fever has topped 103°F, has no appetite, and is lethargic. We called the local clinic, but they referred us to the emergency room. Mrs. F is headed there with him now. She's also taking along our special needs toddler, who just started developing a fever, but has a history of going from healthy to extremely ill in a matter of hours. We're hoping that both will be given Tamiflu, but we have no guarantees.

If kids are still sick as we approach Thursday, I will cancel my plans for the weekend. That may allow Mrs. F and me to run together on Friday, but even that will depend on how well everyone is around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!