Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 42 (Mrs. F)

Im tired. Late nights with company in town are fast catching up to me. No real pain just some minor muscle aches. Im hoping to hit bed early tonite. Its really easy to increase your sleep debt and really hard to get caught back up!

I still cannot believe that I have completed 6 full weeks of this program. I hated running and now I find myself "wanting" to run. How crazy is that! I find myself telling anyone and everyone who will listen to my story. Im excited and i love sharing how this really has changed my outlook on running.

Its even more amazing to me that I have inspired others to start this journey. I couldnt even have dreamed of that occuring from something I started.

This will be the first week that Mr. F and I will be running apart on one day. He will be out of town on Friday, so we will both complete our workout on our own. The good part is its a timed run rather than intervals, so it shouldnt be hard to keep track of time with a borrowed watch. Although it just seems harder to accomplish on my own.

Week 7, here I come~
Keep on running,
Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!