Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday weight check (week 8)

FatManRunning

Last Friday: 283.3

Today: 280.7

Gain/Loss: -2.6

Goal: 210.0 lbs.

Cumulative loss: 19.7 lbs.

Pounds to lose: 70.7

Comment: Given the trouble I had on Wednesday, and too many calories on Monday and Tuesday, I was pleasantly surprised by the scale. I started logging my food intake this week, and for the first time ever it has actually been a bit freeing. For example, yesteday I was almost 1,000 calories under for the day, and doing well on my carbs after I added in dinner, so I was able to enjoy two servings (total of 1 cup) of Breyer's Natural Vanilla ice cream without feeling bad about it. I'm looking forward to breaking the 280 barrier next week. When I hit 270, that will be the lightest I've been in more than 16 years.


Mrs. F

Last Friday: 179.2

Today: 174.7

Gain/Loss: -4.5

Goal: 150.00

Cumulative loss: 8.1 lbs.

Pounds to lose: 24.7

Comment: I was pretty pleased with today's weight loss. I lost 1.5 lbs. on top of my water weight from last week. I found that counting calories and staying under my limit isn't as hard as I expected. Like Mr. F, I even got to eat some ice cream last night. Counting the calories and logging all my food makes me think twice before reaching for a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!