Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 53 - Mrs. F

An early morning appointment had me out of the house and moving rather early. Not my favorite thing to do but it keeps me out of the kitchen where the snacks reside!

With the cross country meet this evening, I have more prep work to do to be ready for this evening. I have supper cooking in the oven, at least the meat part anyway. I will start the rice cooker here shortly and that will be ready when we get home. It will just be tossing it all together, seasoning it and we will be good to go.

I love the excitement of race days. Its even more fun for me knowing my little secret that our son has no clue about. He can run over twice as fast as my homemade 5k race time of 40 minutes but I love having one up on him!

This is also the course where our son won conference his first year running cross country on the junior high team. That was a race to remember, so I have fond memories of the course. He has already run conference this year, so this will just be an extra meet for him.

Im feeling okay muscle wise, a little sore, nothing out of the ordinary. The bigger news of the day is I put on a pair of pants today and they were too big!!! They are baggy and loose on me and I can slip them down without unbuttoning them. I have been waiting for this to occur. Mr.F had already enjoyed seeing his pants size reduce for several weeks. Im happy to report its my turn! Im really looking forward to weigh in tommorrow. I hope Im down at least 4 (1 lb plus my water weight of last week).

Keep on running
Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!