Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 50 (week 8, day 1) - Mrs. F

I am sore. Shh -- remember I told you not to remind me that it was my idea to do an extra workout yesterday.

My muscles definitely are feeling the fact that I ran 5.3 miles between yesterday and today. My main area of pain is above my ankle to the inside of my leg.
Im not sure if its muscle or what. It almost feels like shin splints as it went further up my leg as I ran today but its in the wrong spot for shin splints. So definitely need to rest my legs tommorrow!

I was slow today as I knew I would be. My muscles were sore before i even started out as well as the bone/ankle pain started almost immmediately when running today. It was nice though to run at pace with Mr. F. He really increased his pace today and I slowed down. At times he was ahead of me, which encouraged me to pick up the pace and catch up. After all, I cant let him win, you know! His pace today was fabulous! Even still, I was encourage to have run 14 minute miles today even though I was going slow. No where near my 12 minute pace from yesterday but pretty darn good for as tired as my body was.

Ive never run with music, and it doesnt drive me as it does Mr. F. So im curious about trying a run with some music but Im not sure I will like it. Ive done all the runs with no music or anything. Mr. F always carried the podcasts, so I just ran. I will likely borrow his mp3 player and try it out first though before I purchase something I might just not use.

Keep on running,

Mrs. F

3 comments:

  1. Wow, a 5.3-mile run is impressive! Good for you! :-D Sorry about the soreness. I know I’d be damn sore if I tried running that far. :-0 You and Mr. F are doing just great! It always helps to have a supportive and encouraging spouse or partner when dieting and exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I could always lend it to you *tomorrow* and you could check it out at your own pace. Don't worry. If that means you're running a little slower on Wednesday, I won't be offended at all. Just let me know if you want me to wear light colors, so you can see me on the trail ahead of you...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Crazy woman inside me, i appreciate the encouragment. Thankfully the 5.3 was over two days. 3.3 on sunday and then 2 this morning and im paying for it!

    Mr F -- Sabotage much lol :)Good thing i love you!

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!