Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 54 (week 8, day 3) - Delayed run til this evening - Mrs. F

The plan is to run tonight after Mr. F gets off work. Its not a pleasant weather day today either -- cold, cold and some sleet and rain thrown in. Run, we will though!

We ended up delaying our run this morning mostly due to exhaustion. We did not get to bed early and our toddler was up in the night as well as our baby. So when the alarm went off at 5 am, Mr. F moved and I did not. So he elected that we would go in the afternoon! We had discussed this the previous night anyway because of how tired he was feeling then.

The only problem with afternoon is we are more likely to run into people we know. At 545 am, there is only one other runner on the trail.

Will check in later with a weight check, Im really looking forward to seeing how I did this week!

Keep on running,
Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!