Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 14

It was a pretty nice Sunday. No running, thankfully, but I did get in a couple of brief bike rides. One was alongside our newest cross country runner, to help him measure out his three mile run. So the pace was quite relaxed.

It still feels a little tight along my right shin today, but it's not hurting at all. That's a good thing.

I'm not sure about Mrs. F, but I'm trying to prepare myself for tomorow, the beginning of Week 3. While, technically, we'll be running the same amount of time we ran this past week, it is grouped differently so that not all the sets are of the same duration. Here's the week three plan:

Week 3 Routine

  • 5 minute brisk walk (warm-up)

Then, this pattern repeated twice:

  • Jog 90 seconds
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Jog 3 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes

Mrs. F and I are going to watch a moving together starting at 7 PM, and then we are going to bed at 9 PM. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!