Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 15 (week 3, day 1)

Wow! This morning was nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be. I don't have a lot of time to post details right now (I had PC problems this morning, and resolving them ate most of the time I set aside for blogging), so I'll need to post more details later.

In short, we survived the morning's training session. It was definately hard, but knowing there were only a total of four sets really did help. The three minute jogging sets were definately tough, but other than general soreness-from-use, I have no specific aches or pains. Even the blister on my left foot (reported earlier) didn't cause me any grief, although it was sore when I first put my shoes on. It did seep a little bit, but other than that it was fine.

Here's this week's routine:

Week 2 Routine

  • 5 minute brisk walk (warm-up)

Then, this pattern repeated twice:

  • Jog 90 seconds
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Jog 3 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes

I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!