Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 15 (Week 3, Day 1) - Mrs. F

The anticipation of todays workout was much harder than the actual workout. Don't get me wrong, it was not easy by any means, but it was doable.

I took the first set deliberatly slow, anticipating that longer,harder set yet to come. Then set 2 came(3 minutes running, 3 minutes walking) and well it was hard. The first 90 seconds came relatively without trouble but the last ninety seconds was really tough!!!! I so relished the 3 minutes of walking.

The 3rd set was okay. It came without much fanfare. The last set was hard to do but the most encouraging. I was surprised at how fast(this is all relative, we still had a 21 minute workout) the sets went. When there is only 4 sets it feels quicker. In this last set, Mr. F announced how far we were into the set. He called out 1/3 there, or 1/2 half there. For the first half of it, Im like what, it felt longer. But hearing him call out the last parts of the set was awesome! And the cherry on top of the cake was the 3 minute walk to end our workout set. Very nice!

It was great to know that I had accomplished the workout set that haunted me to think about. I did it~

Keep on running,
Mrs. F

1 comment:

  1. Our time calculations have been wrong. Whereas the run times are the same, the running/walking part of our workout (excluding the warm-up walk) is only 18 minutes. I re-checked our numbers from last week, too, and it totalled 18 minutes. The first week was 20 minutes of alternating walk/run.

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!