Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 19 (Mrs. F - The mental battle almost did me in)

I did not want to go today -- I did not want to run today -- I did not want to be in shape anymore. For me, I knew (since I ran the previous 2 days of the week) that I could do this pysically but I plain just didnt "want" to.

I went to bed early but a good book kept me up longer than intended. Add to that two kids waking up in the middle of the night and just really not sleeping well. So I knew it would be a challenge today.

I have been suffering from some knee discomfort(more below and in front of the knee though). Its usually gone by the next workout day, so I havent bothered too much with it. I did concentrate some today on doing heelstrike -- making sure the heel hits before the toe. While it feels a bit arkward, it doesnt seem to strain the knee as much. It definitely takes some getting used to. My left knee is moderately sore but my right is a bit painful. Guess I need to take it a bit easier next time!

I did not want to do the first set. Or the second. Or even the third. It wasnt until the 4th set that I wanted to run! And run I did, this time it felt good so i pushed a bit harder and faster than Mr. F. I may pay for that, only time will tell!

Off to do my weight check, will report that later

Keep on running,
Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!