Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 20 (week 3, day 6)

A day of rest. No lingering aches or pains. Well, I had one--hunger pangs this morning. It's been a long time since I've had full fledged hunger pangs in the morning. I guess that means my portions last night must have been right on.

We had a picnic scheduled at a park in a distant town, so we ended up away from home all day. Charcoal-grilled foods are some of my favorites, but I did a good job of sticking to my limits today. We soaked some sweet corn in a cooler on the way down, and then we cooked it over the coals. Roasted that way, it always turns out wonderful. I managed to keep it to one ear, even though I could have downed a half-dozen!

I paid off my running debt to our son today. He was impressed that I made it two minutess. Won't he be surprised in another six weeks!? I didn't have my running shoes on, so I took it easy. Even so, I could feel a differnce as I ran--definately more strain on my shins and my knees. I'm glad it was only two minutes.

Just resting now at home with the family. The little ones are down for the night, and the rest of us are enjoying some TV on DVD. We each had a little ice cream (emphasis on little for me), and the rest are enjoying some popcorn now (I took a pass on that). I'm looking forward to another day of rest tomorrow. I'll need to review the Week 4 plan, so I'll be ready for Monday, but otherwise, we have nothing planned, and that's the best kind of weekend day in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!