Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 19 - injury report

Well, on her way back from her weight check, the rear fender on Mrs. F's bike came loose and caused her to wipe out. She got a good amount of road rash on her rear end and on her two forearms, plus a deeper scrape on her left wrist. Her head hit the pavement, but she was wearing her helmet, so we're thankful for that. Overall, she came out fine, but I'm guessing the road rash is going to bother her going into next week. She said it already feels like it is bruising. I'll bet it is!

Anyway, at least it wasn't a running-induced injury, and at least it wasn't serious.

We're both looking forward to a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!