Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday weight check (week 3)

FatManRunning

Last Friday: 296.4

Today: 292.1

Gain/Loss: -4.3

Goal: 210.0 lbs.

Pounds to lose: 82.1

Comment:
It feels good to see that I lost some weight again this week. I was a little nervous going to weigh in, but I reminded myself that I did better on portion control and avoided extra food in the evenings. Of course, not having a birthday in the family this past week did help. I weigh at our local clinic, so I'm using the same scale that will be used when I have my next appointment. To make sure my doctor is aware of my progress, I also jotted the weight onto a slip of paper with my name and birthdate, so they could add it to my chart. Speaking of charts, we have enough data now that I'll try to pull together a chart in Excel that we can export and post here. I really like charts (when they are showing positive results).

That's almost a 10 pound drop since when we started three weeks ago. That helps explain why my sugar levels have been so good. My doctor said that every 10 lbs. I lose will reduce my insulin resistance. That, my friends, is a very good thing!


Mrs. F
Last Friday: 180.9

Today: 179.4

Gain/Loss: -1.5


Goal: 150.00

Pounds to lose: 29.4

Comment:
Woohoo! Not getting a Moolate paid off. Why does it seem men lose weight faster than women?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you. Way to go with the weight loss! I finish off week 3 today!

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!