Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 39 (week 6)

Well, Mrs. F and I didn't see that movie on Tuesday night because we had to be up early to run. So we decided to go out last night. It was a nice evening. It did keep us up a little later than our regular bed time, but that's not what kept me from getting rest. There were problems at the office again. Someone did something that took the computer network down, and I found myself going in to work after coming home from the movie--sometime after 11 PM--to take care of the problem. I was at the office until 1 AM, went home, and then was fighting the alarm clock at 6 AM. No wonder why I'm tired today.

The good news is that my left knee feels quite a bit better, but it is still a bit wonky. I plan to wrap and brace it again tomorrow morning. I can't say I'm looking forward to the run, but I'm not petrified of it, either.

The only potential hitch in our plan for the morning is that I need to go back into work again tonight after 7 PM, to make sure that the circuit with some overhead lighting that will be replaced is not one that will affect our computer systems. The breaker boxes were labeled years ago when the computer area of the building served another purpose, and the company never put forward the funds to properly wire the computer room to be on a set of isolated circuits. I'm hoping I'll only need to be in for about 30 minutes, but things don't always go as planned.

Anyway, we're off to watch our eldest boy run cross country again today. Our other runner is down with a fever, mild cough, and other potential flu-like symptoms, so we've quarantined him to his room and moved his other brothers elsewhere in the house. Hopefully, we can minimize the number of kids that get sick. Otherwise, we'll just end up prolonging the misery.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your run tomorrow. You can do it! My husband did his day 2 of week 2 today. I did the day 2 of week 6. This was my last day that had intervals! Eeeeek!

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!