Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 39 - Mrs. F

Thankfully, no injuries to report! I'm looking forward to meeting the challenge of 25 minutes tommorrow. I have no doubt, it will be hard and very much a mental battle. I believe the weather is not slated to be favorable -- cold again -- but thus is life.

I challenged my cross country runner last evening. I told him that if he broke 18:10 so he ran faster than that time, I'd run 2 minutes with him. I made it a significant goal off of his fastest time of 18:55. 45 seconds is a lot in cross country races! His dad did this earlier in the season and made good on his promise. My son knows that I detest running and has no clue that not only can I run 2 minutes, but 20!

It shall be fun to surprise him!

Keep on running,
Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!