Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 38 (Week 6, Day 3) - Mrs. F

Monday was hard, today was much better~! It was still challenging, dont get me wrong but much better run than Mondays torture. I made a conscious effort to wage a mental battle. I told myself yesterday and last night that it was going to be a good run. That and getting some decent sleep really made a difference I believe.

Although I briefly hoped this morning, Mr. F would agree to postponing our run til tonight,I found myself a bit excited to run today again. 5 am comes too early even if I get to bed at a decent hour!

The first set went well, the 5 minute mark came before I thought it would. The 2nd half of that first set -- I found my stride. I got to the end of the trail and turned around running back to meet Mr. F. It just felt good today. The 2nd 10 minute set was a bit harder to find that stride. I found that I was repeating "I can do this" a bit. It just seemed longer. And at the end, I wasnt sure if Mr. F called out the last minute warning or if he had called time. So I ended up stopping, trying to call out to him and then running back toward him. It did turn out to be time lol.

It supposedly was the same temp (40 degrees) as Monday but it didnt feel as cold. I added an extra layer by wearing a light windbreaker. That could have made the difference. Its a bit big on me, so I found it sliding up around my neck more than I liked but I made it work. Overall I was warm enough. I ended up taking off my cotton jersy gloves about halfway through again. I find I need them in the beginning but my hands quickly get too warm.

After Mondays workout, I was fearing Fridays 25 minute run again. Todays workout reinforced the fact I can do this. It wont be easy but its not quite as scary as I thought it might be!

Muscles are feeling worked but not bad! No real pain to report --woohoo!

Keep on running,
Mrs. F

1 comment:

  1. Now that it has worked out that you do your running before I do, I tell myself if you can do it, so can I. I think it keeps me from quitting! So thanks! You're helping me get in shape!

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!