Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday weight check (week 4)

FatManRunning
Last Friday: 292.1

Today: 287.9

Gain/Loss: -4.2

Goal: 210.0 lbs.

Pounds to lose: 77.9

Comment: It feels great to see that weight loss, and to feel my clothes getting baggy. Despite having a horribly difficult session this morning, this is a good bit of reinforcement to keep moving in the right direction. I did watch my portions this week, but I also allowed myself some sweet indulgences. All in all, I'm pleased. I'm sure my weight loss will slow in the weeks to come, but it feels so good to have lost in a month the same amount as I had been losing over the course of a year (prior to my recent long plateau).

Mrs. F
Last Friday: 179.4

Today: 178.9

Gain/Loss: -0.5

Goal: 150.00

Pounds to lose: 28.9

Comment: It's stort of discouraging that it's slow going, but that's how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!