Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 23

My leg/knee area feels somewhat better today. Its still giving me grief but not the same leval of pain as workout day. I find myself really hoping this is just a simple muscle strain and not some "rest your leg for 2 weeks deal". Its weird but I really want to keep the forward momentum going. Part of it is the fear of stopping and never starting again. Part of it is not wanting to hold Mr. F back and not wanting to delay the completion of the program as a whole.

Ive been icing with frozen bags of corn. I know it sounds really funny but hey we were out of ice and corn can be refrozen lol! That has seemed to help. I iced both knee/leg areas last evening, again at lunch today and then some this evening. Now my left leg is feeling pretty good but my right is still touchy. I plan to get the corn bag out again tonite, take some ibuprofen right before bed and try to run tommorrow.

If the workout gives me a lot of pain, Ill just walk the rest of it, while Mr. F completes the set. Im really hoping and praying that my icing and trying to rest it helped! If it gives me some pain,(Im planning on really really slow) then Ill likely run thru it and ice and ibuprofen afterwards.

Keep on running

Mrs. F

1 comment:

  1. Ouch I hope your knee gets better soon. My aunt has a day nurse and my aunts knee was hurting. She took rubbing alcohol and water and put it in the freezer. The alcohol keeps the water from freezing so that the bag can mold around the knee better.

    Fluffy from Seabrook

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!