Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 23 (week 4, day 2)

Well, I came home after a meeting last night to find Mrs. F lying in bed with bags of frozen corn placed on each leg just below the knee. She's been popping Ibuprofen every six hours and has been icing (corning?) that area of her legs regularly to try and reduce any inflamation. She's hoping she'll be able to complete tomorrow morning's workout.

I had been feeling fine all day today, but shortly after I got home, I developed a pain in/below my right knee. I don't know if I twisted it in the kitchen getting ready for supper, or if I strained it at work today walking to the remote office and taking the stairs up and down. So, here I sit, with a bag of frozen corn on my right leg. We're a funny sight, the two of us, positioned across the room from each other, each with our own laptops, and each with a bag of corn on a leg.

I'm just hoping I turned it funny and that tonight's rest will clear it up. I've been looking forward to making another go of it tomorow.

If Mrs. F does have problems tomorrow, she's talked about taking the rest of the week off, or going back and repeating Week 3. I sure hope she doesn't feel the need to do that, however, because I'm not sure I can do this without her. If she does decide to take a break, or a repeat, I'd want to press on because I don't want to lose my forward momentum, but at the same time I would not want to leave Mrs. F without a partner and I'm not sure I could handle both workouts in the same day.

I'm going to hope and pray that Mrs. F's legs don't bother her tomorrow--for her sake and my own. I'm also hoping that my leg will be fine. Only the morning will tell. If the kids are done with their chores by 7:30 PM, we'll watch a family movie together, and be in bed by 9 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!