Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 26 (Week 4, training day 3) - Mrs. F

Today was hard -- both physically and mentally. The late night and not getting enough rest had a big impact on my energy leval. I will admit to considering sleeping right on the floor where I was trying to stretch.

I didnt ice(using my standard bags of corn, of course) nearly enough. I think I managed a little at lunch Wed and some last night. I defitnely paid for that today. While it didnt hurt much when I got up, I suspected it might give me trouble. The leg/knee area was hurting already during the first set, although not badly. Im thankful my left seems to have righted itself in that area, so I have hope that the right might just come around someday. It wasnt enough to stop me from doing the workout but it was enough to give me another piece that made it harder. By the last set, it was hurting a good bit and the area was swollen up some. Im really hoping being more diligent with the icing and resting it will help. Sometimes though with being a busy mom, its hard to find time to sit with my leg up and my frozen corn lol.

The sets felt long and hard and I found myself focusing on just getting to the walk segments so I could rest a little. The five minute segments were almost unbearably long. It was plain hard. The good news though is that I did finish it along with Mr. F! Though the difficulty of today makes next week seem almost insurmountable. Good thing Im stubborn :)

Im a little nervous bout the weight check today. I have been less active on the days off(no bike riding) with the leg/knee issue, so I wonder how much that will impact loss/gain. Plus I just feel bigger. Clothes fit the same, so who knows. Its a bit more discouraging than it is with Mr. F. Hes losing at a higher pace, so he can see and feel results quicker. I just dont see it in the mirror or in my clothes. I keep reminding myself, that its a long term weight loss and that a pound a week is sufficient.

Keep on Running
Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!