Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Will we make it today?

Well, I got off work at 4 PM.  I need to wrap my leg, get dressed, and get out on the trail before we lose too much time.  Although I have less coursework this week, between last night's meeting and tonight's cross country dinner for the boys I'm already feeling pressed to get my work done.  Then my mind just realized that I'll be at our 5k on Saturday morning, so I'm really feeling stressed.

I need to pu that out of mind right now, and focus on getting out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!