Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday weight check (week 11)

FatManRunning

Last Friday:   280.0 lbs.

Today:         279.4 lbs.

Gain/Loss:      -0.6 lbs.

Goal:          210.0 lbs.

Cumulative:     21.0 lbs.

Pounds to lose: 69.0

Comment: I closed my eyes when I stepped on the scale today. I really was not sure what it was going to reveal.  I had some good days and some bad days this week. As far as eating goes, today was one of the bad days (free lunch at work never helps, and neither does leftover dessert pizza left in the breakroom!).  I would have been at least a full pound down had I not overeaten today.  Then again, can I claim that I'm carb-loading before a race? Do I get another weight check tomorrow after the race? Still, I'm glad to be in the 270s.  I was about 270 when I married Mrs. F more than 16-1/2 years ago.

Mrs. F

Last Friday:   172.5 lbs.

Today:         173.3 lbs.

Gain/Loss:      +0.8 lbs.

Goal:          150.0 lbs.

Cumulative:      9.5 lbs.

Pounds to lose: 23.3
 
Comment: Eating candy bars, having less workouts, and not tracking my calories did not work out so well this week.  I'm trying to remember that this is a long term process and I'm not going to let this set me back.
 
[FatManRunning says: Don't get down, Mrs. F.  Even with this bump, you're still down almost a half a pound from two weeks ago!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!