Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 71 - Mrs F

It was another beautiful fall day -- perfect for running.

I managed to get the potluck contributions cooked up this afternoon,so I was free to sneak in a workout this evening. Its a good thing too, its really hard to portion potluck meals!!

I started out thinking that I would do an easy two miles but time was short, so started out with a shorter run on the 2nd segment of trail. I started out slow as we skipped our warm up walk. Then my body remembered how to run and my pace quickened. I turned around at the end of the segment, ran back to Mr. F and turned around again. I did that in two places, so all in all, I think I managed 1.5 miles today. I could have continued on runnign as well.

I was very pleased that my cold/cough didnt cause problems and I was able to run without any breathing or congestion issues. Whew -- seriously was concerned bout that!!!

As we neared the car, Mr. F asked if I would be willing to drive the car to the other end, so he could keep running. Since I had planned on taking it easy today due to being sick and the race coming up -- I said sure.

Im unsure if we will do a back to back workout tommorrow or try to sneak one in Thursday. Definitely want to do an easy one regardless -- no getting injured before the race!

Keep on running
Mrs. F

1 comment:

  1. I think running helps to clear a mild cold too (although if it is a severe one, probably not).

    I am getting quite excited about your turkey trot now!

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!