Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The cold rebound?

Right as we've started to get some warmer temperatures, I seem to be getting a cold rebound.  Either that, or the bug that his Mrs. F is a different variety and it has found its way to me.  My sinuses have me wishing I had a pressure cooker safety valve on my face, I'm sneezing, and my throat is scratchy.  This is absolutely not what I wanted.

Even with the bug, we might go out for another run tonight.  We just ran yesterday, but were really hoping to have two in this week before our race on Saturday.

I'm not sure right now, however.  My head is starting to scream "Go home and lie down you idiot!"  I also have need to make progress on my coursework tonight.

Blech!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!