Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 34

I still am riding the high from yesterdays run! I feel great. I looked outside today and lamented that it was rainy and cold. I had thought of going for a run. It sounds absolutely crazy to me that I even am thinking such a thought.

My muscles and legs feel great. I am much looking forward to mondays workout. I looked at it -- it seems strange to go back to the intervals after the 20 minute run. The intervals take us back to 5 minutes jogging, 3 minutes walking, 8 minutes jogging, 3 minutes walking and 5 minutes jogging. It seems like a piece of cake after Fridays run. I wonder though if it will be harder than I anticipate. Only time will tell.

Keep on running
Mrs. F

3 comments:

  1. Mrs F you are getting addicted!!! That is awesome!!

    You and Mr are doing great. And they reduced one of Mr's meds....wuu huu!!!

    I can't seem to post anything to Active.com...I don't even have an option to post...go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Active, you now must click the Log In link near the top of the page before any of the posts will show a "reply" link. If memory serves correctly, before, even if you were not logged in, you would see the reply link on every post, could click it, and then be prompted to log in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rozette, Active.com might be having problems right now. I just went over and tried to reply on a thread, only to find that all of the reply options (even the one to reply to the original post) are gone. Go figure. I wonder if their recent upgrade did not go as smoothly as planned.

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!