Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week 5, day 2

My legs feel fantastic today! I get a twinge here or there as i kneel or go down stairs but overall great! I havent had to take any ibuprofen since yesterday afternoon nor do any icing. Im estactic that it seems to be healing on its own and that i wont have to delay any trainings!!

I find myself getting excited gearing up for wednesday and Friday. I remember the beginning weeks, thinking week 5 looks really really scary! And now its here, it doesnt intimidate me nearly as much. Im still unsure if I can complete it but I sure am gonna try!!

Heading off to my sons cross country meet this afternoon!
Keep on running
Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!