Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 30 (late)

Well, my plans for a leisurely evening and early bedtime may be out the window. There are some problems at the office, and I'm the only one who has the skill set necessary to fix them. Becase of the nature of the problem, I can only work on it after hours, so I am headed in now to work on them.

The boys did well in their races, though our eldest is disappointed with his own time. He didn't rest well last night. Nothing like a little foreshadowing for my Wednesday workout, eh?

My left leg is still pretty sore. I'm wearing my running shoes in because I know I'll be doing a lot of walking.

(UPDATE: I was able to get things working again in a reasonable amount of time--under two hours. Mrs. F and I stayed up a bit to watch a short sitcom episode, and we're turning in at 9:45 PM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!