Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 29 (late)

Well, I'm starting to think my leg discomfort gets worse when I'm inactive. After sitting at my desk most of the day, I found my left let growing more sore and stiff throughout the day. When I got up to head home, it was particularly irksome. In fact, it was as sore and as stiff as it was at the end of our Friday session (day 26). Instead of sitting down when I got home, however (which is what I intended), I ended up helping to cook supper. Surprisingly, being on my feet for most of the past 90 minutes actually left my leg feeling pretty good. That helps explain why all of that hiking over the weekend didn't aggravate my leg as I thought it would. I guess I may need to work in some walking or other leg exercises tomorrow.

We have another cross country meet tomorrow evening. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the boys do. I'm getting to enjoy a Monday evening at home (I normally have a meeting), so I'm going to sit down and watch Heroes with the family, and plan to turn in early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!