Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, March 9, 2012

The first goal met!

As I stated before, one of my best friends and I are trying to lose weight. The final reward is a trip to disney together. We have been friends since the 4th grade and live many states apart. This makes this kind of trip extra motivating. Time together having fun -- you betcha!

So we sent some goals along the way to help us reach the long term end goal. The first 10 lbs lost earns us a manicure and a pedicure. At 20 lbs lost -- we each earn a massage. And then for the 30 lbs lost -- disney here we come.

So today I weighed in and I have lost 10 lbs exactly! Im so pumped!!!! I was looking for my official start date, I think it was around feb 1. So thats 10 lbs gone in aboutr 6 weeks -- Ill take that!~ This weekend, im going in for my manicure and pedicure -- Im excited. Its not something that I really do. Thats why its a special treat for me.

The weight came off easier this week. I lost a total of two lbs and 3.6 after a weekend of overeating. Im not sure if its the switch to straight running in couch to 5k or just simply eating less. Ill take it either way!

Next week though, is where the metal hits the fan. I start my college classes on Monday. I will have to be much more deliberate in planning my running time, watching my snacking while studying and time management. I know I can do this! Its just gonna take some adjusting!

Keep on running
Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!