Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Almost forgot: 100 Pushups (plus team status)

With all the excitement over my current weight loss, I forgot to post my progress on the 100 Pushups challenge.

I completed week two of the challenge last night, with a total of 87 repetitions.  My neck and shoulders were sore last night (I woke up with a headache). I'm now on to week three--further than I made it last time.

Here are some additional details on where I fall in with my other workplace losers (I'm on Team 5):


Only Week 2 Ranking
TEAM 1 TOTALS
4.91%
TEAM 4 TOTALS
2.76%
TEAM 3 TOTALS
2.64%
TEAM 5 TOTALS
2.45%
TEAM 2 TOTALS
1.87%

Total Weight Loss Ranking
TEAM 5 TOTALS
20.90%
TEAM 4 TOTALS
12.45%
TEAM 3 TOTALS
8.09%
TEAM 1 TOTALS
7.82%
TEAM 2 TOTALS
6.18%

Top 5 Individual Ranking for Week 2:
M.S.
2.52%
J.R.
1.68%
Andrew Riemer (ME!)
1.68%
S.M.
1.55%
D.M
1.37%

Top 5 Total Individual Ranking:
J.S.
6.59%
Andrew Riemer (ME!)
5.67%
J.B
5.51%
D.M.
5.40%
N.Y
4.21%
 

The one benefit I have, going forward, is that I have a lot more to lose than the rest.  That gives me the potential to keep losing (though I know it will get harder) even when the others start bottoming out.

Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!