Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 66 -- Mrs. F

I ended up with a late evening run since Mr. F had to work late. We didnt get out til 630! It was weird running in the evening dark. Somehow it seems darker than the dawn light. It was a colder night, so that added to making it a little harder running.

I took an easier run today and didnt go as far. Mr. F elected not to stretch and took off right away. I stretched a little and began running. It took me at least 6/10th of a mile to catch up with him. It seemed just as I would start gaining on him, he would speed up!!

I couid feel the effects of too much halloween candy as well. It took me 5 minutes or more of the run to find my stride. And counting calories has gotten harder. I just want to eat and eat and eat. Ugh ... the honeymoon is over with weight loss.

The run itself was good. I went about 2.5 miles(estimated) and Im not sure on time. It was too dark for a watch and Mr. F didnt end up using the playlist for the whole run this time. It did feel good to get out there and run though! I needed that after too many snack size butterfingers. Those things may just be evil -- they are 100 calories apiece!

Hopefully I can redeem the week but Im afraid for Friday weigh in!

Keep on running
Mrs. F

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got out and did it! Woohoo! I'm looking forward to hearing from Mr. F.

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!