Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 64 - Week 11 C25K and beyond - Mrs. F

I will be running this afternoon. Im planning on taking an easy run of 2 miles today, rather than push it up today.

Mr F is still dealing with his shin splint, so IM not sure if he will still take today off or not. Im hoping he will come and run an easy slow run today as well!

Survived halloween weekend but the candy danger is still near. Im pleased though, I was able to have a few pieces and not go back time after time, as I used to. Pizza last night was a little harder. I tried to cut the pieces smaller, to give me the illusion I was getting more , even though eating the same amount of pieces as i used to. I ate 3 and was full. I should have stopped there but did go back for the 4th. I really wanted the taste more than I was hungry. But baby steps , folks, baby steps.

Keep on running,
Mrs. F

6 comments:

  1. I must applaud Mrs. F on doing so well with her nutrition this weekend. I caved in to the stresses of my coursework, and decided that this past weekend would be an "off the record" weekend. Today is a new day and a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Thank you Mr. F! Fresh starts are good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really hoping that Mr. F. goes with you today even if he doesn't run. The sun is shining and it will be good to get away for a little and move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. F, how is the shin splint?
    Are you following medical advices?
    I have treated mine with ice packs (20 min each leg, 2 times a day), and stretching and strengthening exercises with light weights.
    Do not force the run if you feel pain, OK?
    I have read somewhere indicating RICE:
    Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. See what your doctor recommends. I root for everything to be fine.

    Mra. F, I completely understand about the "baby steps". Here, at home, we were invited to a children's party with many sweets, hot dogs, chips .... Oh God!
    And we had lunch out to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday.
    I could not keep me following the idea of a few portions of food and avoid dessert durent these eventes. Some days are really difficult.
    What we can do is make the next day very light: fruits, vegetables, juices, finally, remember that delicious pizza but can not always be our meal. :)

    All the best, Couple F!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he is going :)

    Ana -- Somedays are harder than others. The thing Im trying to remember is to not "gie up" cause you had a bad day and use that as an excuse to get further in. Having non counting days though too are important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking in, Ana. My right shin is still a bit tender. I did ice it over the weekend, and have been stretching, but no specific strength training.

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!