Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, September 11, 2009

I'll echo

I'll echo Mr. F's thoughts today -- It was really hard today. Today came at the culmination of a very hard week at home too. Add in poor nutrition and not enough sleep, it definitely equaled a much tougher workout today.

I found myself trying to run faster and slowing down with each step. I kept thinking Mr. F has to call time(hes the watch holder) any second now. And on I plodded.

Its very tempting to consider redoing week 2. The thing Im noting though is week 3 is the exact same minutes of running as week 2. They both come in at 9 minutes. Yes they are staggered differently and yes week 3 has longer run times. But I believe we can do it!! Im also going to note that its 4 sets not 6 like this weeks. Im leaning toward trying day 1 of any week before going back to redo a previous.

It seems impossible to do but then again I thought I'd never ever run. One of the times I tried running a block with our dog resulted in disaster. I fell and broke my finger. I counted myself lucky that I hadnt broken more. I have successfully done 6 workouts that have involved running. That in itself is a bit miraculous!

I still dont like running but I'm finding my stride just a little bit.

Weight check later today! I am not looking forward to seeing this weeks damage!

Keep on running

Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!