Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 9

My right leg is sore today below my right knee and to the left of the ligament that runs down from the kneecap. It's not a horrible discomfort, but just an obvious ache each time I use my legs. I can tell my thighs were worked hard yesterday--I can feel it. Sitting and squatting gives me some aches, but nothing from which I won't recover.

Having biked home for lunch, I'm sitting in my chair and feel quite drained. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning. Actually, I'm not looking forward to biking back to work.

I don't have any discomfort in my ankles or along my shins, so that's a good thing.

Mrs. F. reports that she's drained today, too. School started up again today, so it is a lot quieter around the house during lunch. It's quiet enough that I could almost doze off...

Nah! I had best get up now and bike back, before I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!