Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, February 17, 2012

Twelve pushups

Things have been a bit busy and crazy here at work, so I've not been able to jump back into things as quickly as I've hoped.  The good news, however, is that I've adjusted to caloric restrictions again. For the past three days, I've managed to limit my daily calories, keeping my daily net intake at or below 1,579 calories.

     "Our estimate is that you may consume about 1,579 calories a day to lose 2.7 pounds per week."
     (From LiveStrong.com's My Daily Plate tool)

I think I'm off to a good start on that end.

Well, the last time I started the One Hundred Pushups Challenge, I completed only six pushups during my pre-test.  The number you can do during that test determines where you start in the program.  What surprised me last night was that I actually did twelve (12)! That means some of the strength gains I made during that aborted attempt are still at play.  I was really surprised!

Fridays are my longest days at work now, so I won't likely be weighing in on Fridays any longer.  Since the Biggest Workplace Loser (BWL) contest here is holding weigh-ins on Tuesdays, I'm going to post those results as they come in.  Other than that, I'm going to try to avoid the scale (since weight fluctuates so much from day to day).

Anyway, I need to run (literally and figuratively)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!