Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, December 11, 2009

Although I haven't exercised...

Although I've not run or done my pushups in two weeks, I have some good news to report.  Simply by returning to getting a full night's rest and by being a little more careful with my food intake, my weight has dropped back to where it was on November 13! It had gone up a half pound on the 20th, about another pound on Thanksgiving week (I only got to weigh on Wednesday that week, so I cannot be certain), and was up almost two more pounds by December 3.  As of today, I'm back to 279.4! What a relief!

I won't have time to post our regular Friday Weight Check today.  Mrs. F might try to get it up later this evening.  At 2 PM, I'm off to pick up some things for our Boy Scout outing this weekend, and then two of our boys and I will head out about 5 PM.  Our eldest son, our first cross country runner, decided to wrestle again this year, so he'll be at a tournament tonight.  Mrs. F will drop him off in the morning.

Have a good weekend, all! I'm looking forward to a fresh start next week.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to a fresh start on Monday. Know that I will be starting fresh on Monday too!!! Keep up the good work. You and your wife really are such inspirations!!

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!