Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Post 5k update

Well, I'm glad to report no major aches or pains after running yesterday.  Sure, I have a bit of discomfort in my left knee and my right shin was a little sore, but no injuries and no problems moving around.  I really can feel it in my glutes and my inner thighs, though.

I've been tied to my books most of the day, and I yet have much to do.  Mrs. F and I plan to run on Thanksgiving morning in a new 5k race being organized in the next town.  We do plan to start the 100 Pushup challenge, but I need to set aside time for the pre-test.  One hour runner is our most likely course of action too.  I need to run for now.

3 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME finish to your c2k5 journey for you both! Great video that your friend posted!

    I finished mine as well, and I was thinking about you guys as I was about 10 minutes in to mine at 10am in upstate NY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people go to bed with a good book, I went to bed tonight with your blog... I couldn't stop and I read the whole thing, took me a little over 2 hours!! I completed W2D1 today and your blog has been such an inspiration. I kinda hate to say it, but I am looking forward to my first 5k now!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!