Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I knocked that record right out of the park!

My last 5k race time(last thanksgiving) was 34:48. I have been running thru the winter, thru the spring and training in the summer. I worked it. So I was anxious to see how my training paid off.

I ran todays 5k in 28:45 seconds~~~!!!!!! Thats a 9:12 pace and a full 6 minutes and 3 seconds off my previous race time. I am very proud of my whole family. My 10 yr old son ran his first 5k race today and ran the whole thing. He had never run a full 3 miles before. My 12 yr old son ran a 31:10 and my 13 yr old beat me with a 27:41!!! My cross country runner came in 3rd overall with a 19:01! And Mr. F beat his previous race time as well! Way to go Riemers!

Keep on running folks,

Mrs. F

1 comment:

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!