Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 6

Yippie! It's a Saturday. No running today. Honestly, I feel pretty good. My calves were only sore during the morning on Friday, and they've been pretty good since. I'm a bit tired today, but I think that's more from making a trip in to the city to get my son some new spikes. Driving a few hours in the middle of the day will do that to me.

I had a pretty big breakfast, a light lunch, and am just getting ready to have dinner now. I'm not counting calories, but I am watching my portions.

I took a short bike ride this morning, but nothing major. If anything, since starting this couch-to-5k program, I've found biking a little harder. I'm not sure if it's just having used the legs more, of it is because they use two different sets of muscles.

Anyway, I'm going to finish dinner and watch a movie with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!