Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 2

Waking up wasn't so bad, but getting out of bed reintroduced me to muscles I'd long forgotten. Getting on my trousers reinforced that reintroduction, as did getting up and sitting down. Actually the morning wasn't as bad as it has been later today. Biking to work hurt more today. I think I'm actually doing okay. I mean the pain isn't so bad as to be debilitating. I'm just sore--that good kind of sore that can come after a long day of work. I think all the biking I've been doing has at least kept it from being worse.

Mrs. FatManRunning has pain in her lower back. Mine is only in my legs--my thighs, actually. No pain in my knees or ankles, and that's a good thing.

I don't feel like moving much today. Of course, today is the day everyone at work needs me to move around to help them. Okay. I can do this. I just don't know what tomorrow morning will be like if my legs hurt this much when I get up.

Lunch was interesting. I was pretty full after eating only a little bit. Hmm--don't know if that is just coincidence, or an after-effect of yesterday's exertion.

I found my gloves. At least my hands will be warm tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!