Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I got a two (just not one I'd prefer)

Well, I did managed to eke out a loss of two...tenths, that is.  That's right, despite Friday night's fish fry madness, I still eked out a meager 0.2 lb. loss for this week, putting me at 269.2 lbs.

Since my Friday dinner intake was almost a pound full of calories (nearly 3,000 consumed with there being 3,500 calories per pound), I well could have lose a full pound or more this week had I opted not to indulge.  I must say, however, that fried fish has and likely always will be one of my favorites, so I'm likely to allow myself to indulge once or twice a year.

My slight loss this morning likely would not had I not doubled up on my workout last night.  This morning, I'm surprised my legs feel as good as they do. There are no muscle aches or pains.  I only have a twinge of discomfort in the vicinity of my left hip socket.  I should note, however, that I'm wearing my newest and most cushioned work shoes today, so I think they're helping my feet not feel too sore.

Well, I proved I can divert from plan and recover a few times now.  Time to let that dog lie. I have only eight weeks left and would like to lose another 16 lbs.

Dinner last night was one cup of our homemade chili with one tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese, and a large bowl of salad with sugar snap peas and two tablespoons of raspberry vinaigrette (60 calories for the vinaigrette).  It was a very satisfying meal.

Well, the rest of the week beckons...  I start Week 4 of the 100 Pushup challenge this evening.  W1D3 three of C25K will be tomorrow (Wednesday).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!