Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, March 2, 2012

8 lbs!

As of this morning, I'm officially down 8 lbs. That feels great! Im starting to make better choices a little easier, my pants are fitting just a tiny bit looser and it's not quite as hard to exercise.

I am finishing up week 6 today in the couch to 5k program. This starts the beginning of solid running with no walking breaks. I'm a tad bit nervous about it. It feels like eons ago that I ran for an hour or more at a time. I keep reminding myself though, I have done this before and I can do it again. That helped tremendously when it came time to do that dreaded week 5 20 minute run!

I do think it is helping that hubster and I are doing this together. It makes it much easier to be a lifestyle choice that way.

Keep on running
Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!