Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yesterdays run

I really didnt want to run yesterday but a friend encourage me to do so. She was right as usual, I felt less tired after running than I did before.

I knew my two eldest were busy after school, so I elected to do two miles on the treadmill at home. I started out fairly slow and kept upping the speed every couple of minutes. As I needed 9/10ths of a mile, I upped the speed to 7.0 and ran the last tenth. That was hard! I wanted to challenge myself to see if i could do it. Next time I might even be brave enough to try 8.0!`

I did the same for the 2nd mile, although I ran that one faster. After running at the higher speed, the lower speeds felt dreadfully slow. It felt good to push myself!

Today, Im going to go try out my new bike. The thermometer outside just hit 40, so Im going for it. I plan on layering up and borrowing Mr. F's snowmobile gloves and googles. That should help with the wind.

Eating is going much better this week. I stayed within my calories yesterday and only ate a little into my run burn. For the most part, I want to not eat up those exercise calories.

Keep on running folks,
Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!