Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, July 23, 2010

Weight Check 7/23/10

FatManRunning


Last Friday:   272.0 lbs.
Today:         270.2 lbs.
Gain/Loss:      -1.8 lbs.
Goal:          210.0 lbs.
Cumulative:     30.2 lbs.
Pounds to lose: 60.2
Comment:  I'm surprised to have lost any weight because I had a horrible week, as far as eating goes. We had run out of the vegetables that I had been eating for most of my meals and Im just getting back to eating them today.

Mrs. F

Last Friday:    152.7 lbs.
Today:          154.1 lbs.
Gain/Loss:       +1.4 lbs.
Goal:           150.0 lbs.
Cumulative:      28.7 lbs.
Pounds to lose:   4.1
Comment:  I worked really hard this week and ate within my calorie bounds, so I was really disapointed with the gain. Out of the last 7 days, I either rode bike or ran for 5 of them. So im not really sure whats up, but Im just gonna claim that i gained 1.4 pounds of muscle :) I looked up my weight pattern and I havent gained for 6 weeks, so maybe I was just due for some water weight!

1 comment:

  1. Mrs F - Don't get discouraged. It could be anything, and probably water that caused your gain. It can be frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!