Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Long weekend in review...

I didn't post anything over the weekend, so here's the quick summary: one short run, too much food on the 4th, but otherwise a nice weekend.

We had a medical emergency Friday night (a daughter with significant burns from a bowl of soup), so I didn't get out running.  [She's okay now--our quick reactions and plenty of cold water limited the blistering burns to a narrow band on her abdomen.]  On Saturday, since I already had 12 miles in over the preceding seven days, I decided to run one mile as fast as I could.  I did a mile in 12:28.  I have no complaints. 

I never imagined myself running 12 miles, ever--whether over the course of a week or even over 100 days!

With a good week behind me, I decided to take a couple of days off before running again.

Independence Day brought too much food for me--too many bratwurst and too much cake--but that just means I'll need to work harder this week.  I planned to run this morning, but woke up with a headache, so I lingered longer in bed and will try for a run this evening.

1 comment:

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!