Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, January 22, 2010

Weight check January 23rd

FatManRunning

Last Friday: 279.4lbs.


Today: 280.9 lbs.


Gain/Loss: +1.5 lbs.

Goal: 210.0 lbs.


Cumulative: 19.5 lbs.


Pounds to lose: 70.9


Comment: I've been lazy and swamped with schoolwork. I'm not exercising regularly at all right now. I did get to chaperone a school trip with one of our boys, so I got to cross country ski, hike, snowshoe, and climb a rock wall -- all over two days. The treadmill is still waiting for my attention, as is the TV that we are going to mount on the wall (it's what most of the kids voted to buy with Christmas monies that came in). Once its up and running, I hope to be doing the same in the morning before work. I've not gained as much as I feared. I just feel pretty horrible right now.


Mrs. F
Last Friday: 167.2 lbs.


Today: 166.9 lbs.


Gain/Loss: -.3 lbs.


Goal: 150.0 lbs.


Cumulative: 15.3 lbs.


Pounds to lose: 16.9

Comment: I was pretty disapointed with today's weigh in. I really had hoped for at least a pound. I guess though overall, Im very thankful I didn't gain. Its likely that last weeks loss was artifically low(since i had been sick and undereating or not eating at all) and the regular eating put my weight back more stable. I thought I did well with my calorie counting but I know my sleep was dreadfully low. I dont sleep as well when Mr. F is out of town, so I tend to stay up later. That impacts weight loss as well. A friend pointed out that I lost 4.5 lbs over two weeks and if you list it that way, it doesnt sound so bad!

2 comments:

  1. It is really fantastic that you didn't gain because often after I've been sick, my weight will go right back to where it was. You'll never see these old numbers again anyway, so it's ok of some weeks are a little slow ;)

    Mr. F--some times you just have to live on coast for a while. It would be too ambitious try try to continue with wholehearted weight loss and exercising with all you have going on, so just hang tight until things settle down. You are doing very well maintaining while you are being less active!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I think part of it too was that I couldnt run as much as I wanted this week either. My muscles are rejecting the idea that we should keep up the current pace :) So Im slowing down a bit. I am relieved I didnt gain!

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!